Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rainy Saturday Dinner


This past weekend was a rainy one but I did get out to go some friends of mine wedding Saturday afternoon. While I was on that side of town I figured I'd better stop by The Fresh Market, other wise I'd wish I had. I have been wanting to make tuna steaks for a while now but for whatever reason just haven't done it. So... that's what I did Saturday evening, dinner for one! I also picked up some snow peas (probably on my top 10 foods) and some couscous. I rubbed a little oil on the tuna then added salt, pepper and thyme. I seared the tuna and added fresh lemon juice. I've posted about snow peas in the past so this will be short. The snow peas were cooked the way I usually do, oil in a pan and salt. I must say that I did have a smile on my face as I looked at my empty plate and crashed on the couch for a while...beer in hand.



Rare is the way to go with this fish!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Looks very yummy!!

Melissa said...

good job!

polly said...

Yes, the House men really are great cooks!! Good job!! It is comforting to know my son will not go hungry!!