Monday, May 16, 2011

This Year's Garden

I planted our garden several weeks ago and so far it's been doing pretty well except for the caterpillars on my tomatoes and several of my herbs didn't come up (old seed I guess).
We bought some "Mr Stripey" heirloom tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, straight necked yellow squash, zucchini, acorn squash, egg plant and onions. Since I didn't till up a portion of the yard but instead used an existing raised bed my room as well as sunlight are slightly less than I would like. I'm not sure how the onions will do since they get the least amount of sunlight out of the bunch. It's not shady all the time but it's not full sun all day either.

The Little Garden
Red Pepper


We also planted several herbs in pots on the deck: Chocolate Mint, basil, sage, dill. These are all growing well but the rosemary, oregano, cilantro, parsley and chives all have done nothing. Not sure why but it's pretty annoying. Oh well, what is growing looks good and I can't wait to start harvesting!
Chocolate Mint

Sweet Basil

Sage