Saturday, June 11, 2011

Short Ride Today

My good friend since early childhood was in town this weekend and when he is here we usually try to get a ride in if possible. Today we rode from my parent's house through some country back roads, a few small towns and back again, about 70 miles in all. Not too many miles but very nice to get out and always fun to ride with someone else.

I spotted this great little fill station a few weeks ago as Molly and I were driving up to Macon and had to come back and snap a few pictures.

Grarrett and his Victory Hammer 8 Ball

I wish people could tear themselves away from their overly busy lives to walk inside, talk to an actual person, put cash in their hands and use great pumps like these!

Yup, that's $0.65 per gallon.

2 comments:

chloe said...

i need to dig out my polaroid and visit that filling station when i'm there.

James said...

Believe it or not. East of Macon, there is a station with analog pumps that they still use. Pretty cool to here the clicks and to watch those babies spin faster than they have ever before.