Saturday, June 30, 2012

86th Laconia Classic


 A couple of weeks ago I was able to go to the 86th running of the Laconia Classic motorcycle race. This is the longest continuous running motorcycle race in the U.S.
Most of the races were different classes of modern sport bikes as well as a modern sidecar class and a vintage sidecar class. The race is held at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and the weather for the event couldn't have been better, lots of sun and mid 80's. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked because all I had was my phone, that also explains the quality.

Diving into turn 1 during morning practice

This was a great looking Honda sidecar. Notice the frame and the offset engine. I saw the owners (who were competitors in the sidecar classes) driving this two up on the bike with one in the sidecar.

Most of the vintage sidecars were larger BMW 750's but I was drawn to this little CB450. Check out the custom laced wheels using half the rear drum and the front rotor so they can run a "wide" front wheel!

Very nice Laverda

One of the fastest vintage sidecars of the day.

I really loved the pipes on this BMW, I was going to talk to the guy a little but their brakes were not working so they were a little busy between sessions.

No comments: