Sunday, April 5, 2009

WEEKEND FUN!!

So last weekend I made the short 4hr drive
down to Statesboro GA. (home town) My sister
and I have been planning on attending the
Chris Thile (Punch Brothers) Concert in Savannah during their
nearly three week music festival. The concert
was amazing as always!! The weather was pretty
amazing as well... it rain the whole way over...
and during... and back. The thunder did add an
unusual aspect to the music.
The next night my girlfriend Molly and I went to see the "Infamous Stringdusters". I saw them in Charlotte last year and loved them, Molly saw them a while ago in Macon as well. Before the concert we were able to catch a quick meal at "Moon River Brewing Company" . I had blackened scallops which had a little too much
blackened on them but the great beer made up
for it!! Molly had a hamberger and some of their womderful porter beer.
On monday we got up fairly early and made the short drive to George L. Smith State Park to go canoeing for a few hours. We couldn't have asked for better weather especially after all the rain earlier that week.












(watch the video I took of the Punch Brothers last week)

No comments: