Monday, April 13, 2009

"One Piece at a Time"

I've been working on my bike little by little and slowly it's starting to look a bit more respectable, although I still have a long way to go. I found some turn marker on the ebay machine from an older GSXR for $1.80!


The mirrors that were on my bike were the wrong ones so as soon as I got these they went straight in the dumpster. The mirrors were one of those things, to my surprise, that changed the whole look of the bike.



I took the stock peg mounts off and milled "windows" in them to make them look a little more modern. I also got rid of the very large rubber foot pegs and replaced them with aluminum pegs from a late 90's Honda. I intend on making some new peg mounts from scratch but just haven't sat down and drawn it all out yet.

There are still several, several things I am either in the process of doing or is on the list...the long list of things I want to do.
I have painted the wheels finally, and painting the engine will be one of the next things. New wheels and tires are on the list as well as a little more paint on the fairings and tank. Hopefully I will be posting more pics of progress soon.





10 point bonus: Who sang the song named in the title?

4 comments:

Molly said...

Can't to ride!!!


Johnny Cash is the artist...what do I win?

Unknown said...

You win 10 points of course!

Garrett said...

I really like that bike.

jennyevelyn said...

wow! Nathan I have to show your blog to koutsunis... you should see what he wrote about his new bike...he is in love. his blog is thebabersblog.blogspot.com