Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dry Run

Last Saturday Matt, (my friend from work) his brother Mark and I went on a short ride. It was only about 100-120 miles but it was still a lot of fun and they needed to get a dry run in before they head out on there big trip next week! They are leaving from Kannapolis, N.C. and meeting up with their dad and step dad (both leaving from Arizona) in North Dakota. From there they will all ride together through Canada into Alaska and all the way up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska which is on the Arctic ocean. Round trip will be about 11,500 miles! Also they are planning to camp every night but one. So, needless to say a dry run, although short was a good idea. The bikes of course stopped a little slower and felt quite a bit heavier but all in all they said they didn't think it would take too long to get use to.


We stopped in Lancaster, N.C. for lunch and some of the towns world famous BBQ. I'm pretty sure there are more BBQ joints here than there are gas stations or churches. I got a chopped plate with potato salad, fries and hush puppies. I'm usually one to finish everything on my plate but this was just so much food that if I ate it all I was going to have to stay a long while longer before getting back on the bike.

I think the sign of a pig serving BBQ on roller skates is hilarious!



Everything seems to be ready for them to go on their trip; bikes are prepped, camping gear is packed and I know they are anxious to go.

June 6th-July 5th
North Carolina-Alaska-North Carolina
11,500 Miles
Have fun guys!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Fun, fun, fun...glad ya'll finally got to go!

Garrett said...

You're making me wish I had my bike.

Garrett said...

That would have been so fun!!!