Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everyone loves the CrockPot

I was on the way home from church Sunday afternoon and I had to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few things. Well as usual I ended up getting a few things that I didn't plan on getting. One of these things was a roast... in my defense it was on sale. As I was walking around with this thing in my hand I was trying to think of what else I needed to get so I could put all this goodness in the crock pot Monday morning. I ended up getting the basics... onions, potatoes and carrots.
I rubbed the roast with some olive oil and sprinkled some rosemary, a little bit of sea salt, and black pepper then seared it in the frying pan just enough to brown the outside. The whole time I'm doing this I'm still trying to decide on what else to put into this thing. I found some, I guess you would call it hot sauce, that I got in my stocking this year at Christmas. It was a Vidalia onion and orange hot sauce. It was really good, kinda sweet then the after taste was a bit spicy.

So I sliced up the onion, quartered the potatoes, sliced the carrots and added some green beans. I also added a little more rosemary salt and pepper then dumped the whole bottle of hot sauce on top. The potatoes and carrots seemed to soak up the sauce more than everything else and the whole thing, I thought, was really tasty. It ended up more like a stew than just a roast, but I'm easy to please when it comes to food and I was pleased with the way this turned out. Of course I guess it's hard to make something not taste good in the crock pot.


--I think next time I might substitute the red potatoes for sweet potatoes--












I'm not sure why this next picture is so blurry. I
took it about seven times and this was the best
one.


































3 comments:

polly said...

That looks great!! Mom is so proud of you!!

Brandy said...

looks incredible!yummy!

jennyevelyn said...

YOu have a blog too! I am adding you to my bloglines!