Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Cantata


Last night and tonight was my church's annual Christmas cantata. A festive evening of elegant music and Scripture performed by the Sanctuary Choir, soloists, youth and children's choirs, Christ Covenant brass ensemble and members of the Charlotte Symphony. I was very happy and excited that a friend of mine from work said that he and his family would go with me. We ate at a
nearby 50's style diner then settled down in our seats for the night of music.
The music was absolutely fantastic! Much of it I've sang myself and some of it was composed just for this concert. My friends Matt and Melissa also brought their two year old son Lochland who normally loves this type of thing but with only a 30 minute nap earlier that day he wasn't particularly impressed with everything that was going on.



















He was ready ready for the rest of that nap about half way through but I think he settled for some cookies that were out in the foyer. There were several time when the music was very soft and melancholy and then went straight into a loud strong piece that gives you goose bumps and always seems to bring a smile of awe. (He sat up immediately and listened for a while when that happened)
As expected the turnout was very good and the music was wonderful! It is always so encouraging and joyous to see and hear God's people using their voices and talents to sing of His glory. His grace and love for His people is an incredibly beautiful thing. It makes mouths drop in awe and keeps in perspective who He is and how we are to serve Him to His glory.













<<<>>>

3 comments:

Molly said...

Your video turned out really good...that is one of my favorite songs in Handel's Messiah. Beautiful!!

Nathan said...

I know, me too! I wish I had started recording at the beginning though. Maybe next year I'll get to sing in it with them.

Melissa said...

absolutely beautiful music...next year i want to see this!!!