Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lots going on!...no computer...



I've had a lot going on in the past month or so but no computer to post with. So, now that I'm back up and running it's time to play catch up.
About a month ago my roommate Luke was laid off and he decided that it would be best for him to move back to Kansas and finish his engineering degree. The racing industry, like most is struggling a bit with the current economy. With less money coming in from sponsors big teams as well as the smaller independent teams and engine builders all have to really pinch their pennies and unfortunately that often means layoffs.

Luke moved out the first of November after living here for about three years and since he was the one that paid the cable and internet bills I've been without for the last several weeks.
My good friends Ben and Stef (who I knew from living in Houston) graciously let me move into their spare bedroom until I find something else. I never seem to realize how much stuff I gather over time until I have to move! Three pickup truck loads later I have thrown away all the stuff that I can honestly ask... why do I still have this?

2 comments:

Marissa said...

It's sentimental...that's my problem.

Melissa said...

the bad thing is that you will probably find yourself throwing stuff away again when you leave their house...