Thursday, December 18, 2008

PME Christmas Party


Last night was my work's annual Christmas party. For the past couple of years we've gone out on Lake Norman aboard a chartered boat. As usual it was a lot of fun! Most everyone and their dates bring a gift to anonymously exchange. Once it's your turn to pick a gift off the table you can either choose one that is on the table or take one from someone that has already opened one and then they get to open another. Each gift can only change hands three times. The gifts ranged from dvds and knives to whoopee cushions and monkey butt. (Google that, I'm not explaining) My name was drawn early on and I unwrapped a set of three flashlights... they were promptly taken from me. Then I received the new AC/DC album... that too was taken quickly. Finally I got something that no one took... a little metal Christmas tree that you can hang pictures or cards on. This was a great gift for any of the women there that night but what am I going to do with that? So on the way back to the car at the end of the night I gave it to our secretary and it is now being proudly displayed on her desk at work!




The food was a sort of holiday buffet. We had mashed potatoes, ham, turkey, prim rib, green beans, many other vegetables and pumpkin pie or peach cobbler for dessert. (I tried both desserts as you can see) The food was good but middle of the road at best. It got extra points for being free, however the ham was actually very good. All this accompanied by the open bar made for a very relaxed and fun evening.

No comments: