Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Simplicity




Many times I think that the simplest things in life are the things that I enjoy the most. Everything from just happening to see a shooting star that you're sure no one else saw to simple dinners. One meal I make often is hard boiled egg sandwiches. I've had my heart set on this since before lunch today so I was pretty happy to get home at a reasonable hour tonight. Tonight's meal was missing a few things but was good none the less. I usually like to just add mayonnaise, mustard, relish or chopped celery, lettuce, salt and pepper. My Dad makes a really good homemade sweet relish but I've already eaten it all! (All I had was mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.) I did have some honey french bread that I made a couple days ago that I toasted.

7 comments:

Molly said...

Can't say that I'm a huge fan of boiled eggs...definitely has something to do with the texture. I don't mind cooking with them as long as I'm not forced to eat them. Boiled eggs, bananas and beets...not in my top 5.

Nathan said...

I'm not sure I've found much of anything I don't like, aside from the absurd. I remember piling on the beets on my salad when I was a kid!

charlotte carroll said...

what molly really wants to say is GROSS!!!!

charlotte carroll said...

i on the other hand love egg sandwiches...

Melissa said...

i had forgotten, nathan, that you did like beets when you were little (blech!!). egg sandwiches are okay, but i think i could find another "salad" sandwich that i would like better.

Brandy said...

This little banter is quite funny! I don't like egg sandwiches, but I am still impressed at your bread making, and that you make yourself a meal.

Nathan said...

Maybe next time I'll just make a chicken salad sandwich, ofcourse that probably wouldn't get as many comments...